Short Throw Shifter Installation Manual of 1995-1997 Toyota Tercel. Part of content: Please read this Short Throw Shifter Installation Manual of 1995-1997 Toyota Tercel carefully before you start your own installation. Installation instructions:
– Unscrew the stock shift knob by rotating it counter clockwise.
– Use a Philips head screwdriver to remove the 2 screws on either side of the console just behind the shift boot. Sliding the seats fully rearward allows easy access to these screws.
– Slide the front seats fully forward and use a Philips head screwdriver to remove the 2 screws on either side of the back of the center console.
– Lift the rear portion of the center console out of the car and put in a safe place for re-installation.
– Locate the clips at the top front portion of the center console. Gently push in the center portion of these clips with your finger or a screwdriver, and then pull out on them to remove them.
– Pull the plate surrounding the stereo out slightly to free the front portion of the console.
– Use needle nose pliers to disconnect the clip holding the cigarette lighter power connector to the steel bracket.
– Disconnect the power connector from the cigarette lighter on the front portion of the console.
– The front portion of the center console can now be removed from the car. Lift it up from the rear and pull up and out of the car.
– Use a flat head screwdriver and a hammer to pry the clip on the passenger side of the assembly off of the shaft. Use caution during this step as the clip may break and become a dangerous projectile.